About Hwy Haul
Formed in 2018, Hwy Haul is building a next generation digital freight platform for fresh produce that connects Shippers (Farmers, Distributors, Wholesalers and Retailers) directly with Truckers, by eliminating intermediary friction, introducing end-to-end digital applications, and building advanced cold chain compliance.
Our goal is to deliver freshness at your doorstep, reduce wastage during the transportation and create a future for sustainable growth for all the stakeholders.
About the Role
The business development Manager will report to the Director of Sales. This candidate will be success driven, customer oriented and always seeking new relationships and opportunities for the company. In this role you will work with shippers focused on fresh produce and other food focused commodities to provide a seamless digital logistics experience. We are looking for dedicated, high-energy candidates that want to be a part of a team setting.
At Hwy Haul, we are committed to servicing our customers and exceeding expectations. As a Business Development Manager, you will contribute to that commitment. Leveraging your industry knowledge, you will strategically land new business within the fresh produce realm. This position offers the unique opportunity to contribute to a growing start-up and expand a career in logistics.
Hwy Haul is focused on internal growth within sales roles.
What you’ll do
- Prospect new clients through cold outreach and door-to-door sales
- Oversee current relationships and grow them
- Cultivate a network across the fresh produce vertical in transportation through a consultative sales approach
- Meet and exceed sales quotas quarter over quarter
- Build relationships via conferences, engaging presentations, luncheons, and frequent meetings
- 2 years plus experience in logistics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales
- Great personality
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off
- Remote or hybrid locations with fun teammates