We started Hwy Haul with the belief that people should be able to trade and ship goods anywhere as fast and as efficiently as possible. In today’s $800 billion trucking industry, our team is on a mission to do exactly that. Our software enables shippers and drivers to connect seamlessly so that freight can be moved anywhere, without the hassle of paperwork, phone calls, or waiting to be paid.
You will apply your engineering leadership skills and knowledge of software development to drive ultra-scalable and highly reliable systems. You hold the responsibility for the big picture, determining how our systems relate to each other and use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems.
You’ll oversee some of the most talented engineers, and help them to pursue their passion and transform their careers. Your growth will come from building and supporting strong leaders to whom you can effectively delegate, mentor for peak performance, define clear roles and accountability, communicate clear priorities and maximize cross-organizational alignment.
Your success will be defined by “inspire and empower” and not by “command and control” style.
- Participate with senior management in co-developing a long-term Product reliability and technology road map
- Be a role model and professional coach for engineers
- Participate with senior management in co-developing a long-term Product and Technology road map
- Be the domain expert who follows industry trends and applies best practices
- Contribute to the hiring and development of talented engineers ranging from junior to senior levels
- Lead cross organizational projects to ensure teams deliver on time and at a high-quality bar, by proactively aligning resources and processes, mitigating risks, and making tradeoffs by taking intelligent risks
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience managing teams of 25+ Engineers
- 15+ years’ overall experience in software industry
- Experience attracting, retaining, and developing top engineering talent throughout the industry
- Experience with the full lifecycle of building, deploying, and maintaining a large scale qpplications on Google Cloud or other public cloud