About Hwy Haul
Formed in 2018, Hwy Haul is building a next generation digital freight platform for fresh produce that connects Shippers (Farmers, Distributors, Wholesalers and Retailers) directly with Truckers, by eliminating intermediary friction, introducing end-to-end digital applications, and building advanced cold chain compliance.
Our goal is to deliver freshness at your doorstep, reduce wastage during the transportation and create a future for sustainable growth for all the stakeholders.
About the Role
The Director of Sales will report to the VP of Sales & Marketing. This candidate is solutions driven with the customer and has experience with enterprise level shipper relationships. You will pursue and manage new business for both you and your team. This role is focused both on selling and team management.
At Hwy Haul, we are committed to servicing our customers and exceeding expectations, as a Director of Sales, you will contribute to that commitment with a proven history of winning and administrative focus. With leveraging your industry knowledge, you will strategically land new logistics business within the fresh produce realm. This position offers the unique opportunity to contribute to a growing start-up and expand a career in logistics. Hwy Haul is focused on internal growth within sales roles.
What you’ll do
- Create new opportunities and proactively hunt for new business with existing shippers in a formalized manner.
- Present formal solutions to shippers, relationship ownership; QBRs, detailed scope of research, proposal, contracting, and execution.
- Management -coaching a team of winning sales professionals
- Leadership tasks related to opportunity management and health / risk on current shipper relationships.
- Visit customers at their corporate offices or other sites as needed. Requires ability to travel to customer sites up to 40%.
- Document and maintain all sales activities in CRM to ensure adherence to policy and process.
- Aligns all shipper strategy within operations and capacity teams.
- Knowledge and comfort making decisions using customer analytics, KPIs and other data to move discussions and negotiations on customers.
- 5+ years working in transportation / logistics / sales.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales
- Great personality
- Ability to meet goals consistently
- Knowledge of digital freight platforms
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal & written).
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off
- Remote or hybrid locations with fun teammates