JOB ID: PO3862 | HWY HAUL (SANTA CLARA, CA)
We started Hwy Haul with the belief that people should be able to trade and ship goods anywhere as fast and as efficiently as possible. In today’s $800 billion trucking industry, our team is on a mission to do exactly that.
Our software enables shippers and drivers to connect seamlessly so that freight can be moved anywhere, without the hassle of paperwork, phone calls, or waiting to be paid.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As we continue to grow our national presence, we are looking for an amazing Executive Assistant who has the mettle to thrive in a technology startup environment. Someone who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and takes pride in being extremely meticulous and well organized.
Do you have a knack for anticipating the needs of the team and can effectively resolve admin and operational issues before they even arise? If so, check out the functions below and apply!
- Expert at calendar management with demonstrated prioritization and sound decision-making skills
- Plan and coordinate external facing meetings, which may include outside vendors, investors, customers and other stakeholders
- Receive and direct external visitors
- Constantly maintain the to-do list for the CEO and ensure timely completion through follow ups and actionizing
- Draft slides, meeting notes and documents for executives
- Assist in document management, compilation, distribution and storage
- Research and compile briefing documents in preparation for meetings, interviews and other internal/external events
- Maintain and manage the social media pages of the company – such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn – and execute on the marketing strategy on need basis
- May attend staff meetings, take notes and follow-up on outstanding agenda items
- Maintain and track teams project list and goals
- Sounding board, confidant and conduit to keep the CEO well informed and help facilitate his decision making
- Under CEO’s mentorship, communicate on his behalf by email, text, or chat
- Total travel coordination including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, visas and other travel documentation
- Assist with budgets, invoices, and resolving any AR or AP issues
- Compile receipts to file expense reports and track reimbursement status
- Plan and coordinate team all-hands meetings, internal events, offsites, and all logistical and budget requirements related to the above
- Team expert and go to person for general requests and questions and keeper of all team resources
- Assist the full life cycle of recruiting including posting job openings, shortlisting candidates, booking interviews, liaising between the hiring team and the candidate, and coordinating onboarding of new hires – including full time employees as well as contractors and consultants.
- Available and responsive to the regional, national or global nature of the business
- Participate in business operations activities on need basis
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in managing multiple priorities, administrative coordination, and logistics
- Ability to handle pressure in a dynamic startup environment
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task with great follow-up skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Date: October 29, 2019
Hwy Haul is an equal opportunities employer. We strongly believe that employing a
diverse workforce will be instrumental to our success. We make hiring decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the US, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be provided along with your conditional offer.