We started Hwy Haul with the belief that people should be able to trade and ship goods anywhere as fast and as efficiently as possible. In today’s $800 billion trucking industry, our team is on a mission to do exactly that. Our software enables shippers and drivers to connect seamlessly so that freight can be moved anywhere, without the hassle of paperwork, phone calls, or waiting to be paid.
What we’re looking for:
As a Product Designer for our team, your number one job is to tackle user problems and empower our customers. You will be working closely with design leadership, product managers, engineers, and UX researchers to create usable, useful, and delightful experiences that the team can launch! You’ll engage across all stages of a project, using your skills in conceptualizing, prototyping, experience design, information design, and user research.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with your cross-functional team to create high-quality design solutions for your product.
- Conduct user research and gather data insights with guidance from senior researchers.
- Present work in a range of mediums and fidelities throughout the design process.
- Build prototypes to share and test concepts with stakeholders.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Create UI and brand language within our products.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer or UX Designer
- Strong portfolio of product design work.
- Ability to bring projects from concept to completion.
- Strong understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to strongly articulate your design work and rationale to your peers and cross-functional team.
- Expertise with tools within the UI and prototyping space, including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, InVision, Principle, Framer, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of UX research methodologies with an ability to lead research, apply techniques, and synthesize results
- Strong experience with cross-platform design systems, information architecture, and Material and iOS design languages
- A degree in HCI, Graphic Design or related field is preferred.