We started Hwy Haul with the belief that people should be able to trade and ship goods anywhere as fast and as efficiently as possible. In today’s $800 billion trucking industry, our team is on a mission to do exactly that. Our software enables shippers and drivers to connect seamlessly so that freight can be moved anywhere, without the hassle of paperwork, phone calls, or waiting to be paid.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our backend team in Santa Clara.
You will work with the Architect and Product Manager to design, develop and influence functional requirements and deliver high performance and scalable API’s.
Qualification and Responsibilities:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Experience with and demonstrated understanding of high-throughput, fault-tolerant and low-latency distributed systems
- 8+ years’ experience building backend applications
- Experience applying Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving
- Experience with Spring Boot and REST API’s
- Experience with Hibernate ORM, MySQL, distributed messaging, NoSQL
- Strong aptitude for writing efficient and optimized code
- Experience with Google Cloud will be a plus – Kubernetes, pub/sub, memory store, cloud storage