We started Hwy Haul with the belief that people should be able to trade and ship goods anywhere as fast and as efficiently as possible. In today’s $800 billion trucking industry, our team is on a mission to do exactly that. Our software enables shippers and drivers to connect seamlessly so that freight can be moved anywhere, without the hassle of paperwork, phone calls, or waiting to be paid.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our frontend team in Santa Clara.
Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
Qualification and Responsibilities:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience building frontend applications
- Hands on experience and understanding of React.js and Redux
- Expertise with CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Experience with design systems (Ant Design), newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Experience with Jest testing framework
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization