We started Hwy Haul with the belief that people should be able to trade and ship goods anywhere as fast and as efficiently as possible. In today’s $800 billion trucking industry, our team is on a mission to do exactly that. Our software enables shippers and drivers to connect seamlessly so that freight can be moved anywhere, without the hassle of paperwork, phone calls, or waiting to be paid.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be a key technical leader and role model within the organization. We are looking for someone who designs and develops technology to serve business and technology objectives, aligns points of view across teams and makes smart trade offs to help achieve the goals of individual teams.
You will work with the Architect and Product Manager to design, develop and influence functional requirements and deliver high performance and scalable cloud native microservices/API’s.
- Experience with and demonstrated understanding of high-throughput, fault-tolerant and low-latency distributed systems
- Lead cross team/cross functional discussions and drive alignment on product/technology strategy
- Drive roadmap, provide architectural guidance and mentorship to up-level the engineering organization
- Actively improve the level of craftsmanship at Hwy Haul by developing best practices and defining best strategies
- Evangelize and inspire best practices across engineering organization
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 8+ years’ experience building backend applications
- Experience applying Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving
- Proven skills in microservices architecture and database design and SQL
- Experience with Spring Boot and REST API’s
- Experience with Hibernate ORM, MySQL, distributed messaging, NoSQL
- Strong aptitude for writing efficient and optimized code
- Experience with Google Cloud will be a plus – Kubernetes, pub/sub, memory store, cloud storage